Christina Johnson, president of On 3 Public Relations, opened the full service and certified woman-owned firm in February 2008. She previously served as Director of Public Relations for a lobbying firm, providing clients with message development, strategic communication, grassroots advocacy and overall paid and earned media outreach.
Christina’s executive and legislative branch experience include her positions as Deputy Chief of Staff at the Florida Department of State, Communications Director at the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation and as Director of Communications for the Florida Senate President.
She managed the development of television, radio and brochure projects for various department campaigns. Johnson also developed, coordinated and distributed cohesive messaging to local, state, and national media outlets including the writing of speeches, opinion editorials, articles and press releases.
She served as Director of the Central Florida Political Leadership Institute, which is led by the Central Florida Partnership’s BusinessForce. Its mission is to identify and train Central Florida business leaders within the seven-county region to run for local, state and federal office. Christina began her career at the Republican National Committee (RNC) where she was responsible for political activities and assisting state parties with county caucuses and state conventions for delegate selection to the convention and taught campaign seminars for legislative candidates.
She provided the lead on press, logistics and fundraising events for the President, Vice President and various cabinet officials and federal campaigns within the region during the 1988, 1990, and 1992 election cycles. Christina also worked at the Republican Party of Florida (RPOF) as Director of Campaign Operations for statewide and congressional races during the 2002 election cycle – picking up three GOP congressional seats and electing an all Republican Cabinet.
Christina Johnson lives with her husband, David, in Tallahassee, Florida. She is president of the Capital City Tiger Bay Club, a member of the Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA), the American Association of Political Consultants and Public Affairs Professionals, and served as an appointee to the Florida Hotel and Restaurant Advisory Council. Johnson is also the Florida Director of Maggie’s List, a federal political action committee formed to support women running for the US House and Senate. She is a recipient of FPRA’s prestigious Stanley Tait Professional Award for Professionalism and Leadership. She graduated in 1986 from the University of Central Florida in Orlando with a degree in Political Science.
Public Relations and Communications
• Founder and President, On 3 Public Relations (2008 – Present)
• Executive Director, Project Hometown Citizens Committee (2006 – 2007)
• Director of Public Relations, Monroe Street Strategies (2004 – 2007)
Florida State Government
• Deputy Chief of Staff; Director of Communications, Department of State (2003)
• Director of Communications, Office of the Senate President (2001)
• Director of Communications, Department of Business and Professional Regulation (2000)
• Executive Assistant to the Secretary, Department of State (1995 – 1997)
• Legislative Secretary, House of Representatives (1986 – 1987)
Campaign Management, Communications and Grassroots Advocacy
• Communications Consultant/Spokesperson, Ashley Moody for Florida Attorney General (2018)
• Communications Consultant/Spokesperson, Vote No on 2 Constitutional Ballot Amendment (2016)
• Communications Consultant/Spokesperson, Pam Bondi for Florida Attorney General Re-Elect (2014)
• Communications Consultant/Spokesperson, Dorothy Hukill for Florida State Senate (2012)
• Communications Consultant, RPOF Presidency 5 (2011)
• Director, Central Florida Political Leadership Institute (2011 – 2015)
• Director of Campaign Operations, Republican Party of Florida (2001 – 2002)
• President, Collins Consulting (1997 – 1999)
• Direct Mail Consultant/Federal, Cabinet, Legislative Candidates (1998)
• Consultant/Campaign Manager, Frank Brogan for Education Commission Re-Elect (1997 – 1998)
• Executive Director, Countdown to Majority Leadership PAC (1994)
• Congressional Liaison, Republican Party of Florida (1993)
• Deputy Regional Political Director, Republican National Committee (1991 – 1992)
• Director of Political Affairs, Republican Governors Association (1991)
• Southern Field Desk Coordinator, Republican National Committee (1989 – 1991)
• Office of Protocol and Housing, Bush-Quayle Inaugural Committee (1988 – 1989)
• Office Manager & Statewide Volunteer Coordinator, Bush-Quayle ’88 (1988)
• Central Florida Field Representative, Bob Dole for President (1987 – 1988)
• 100 Most Influential People in Florida Politics: Great Communicator, INFLUENCE Magazine, Fall 2020
• 100 Most Influential People in Florida Politics: Thought Leader, INFLUENCE Magazine, Summer 2018
• Person to Know in Tallahassee/Leon County: Florida Trend, 2016, 2020
• Florida Internet & Television: Legislative Session Opening Day, 2019, 2020
• FAPL: Media Training, Winning the Day, 2019
• Sunrise: A Florida Political podcast, 2019
• FAPL: What’s News and How Does it Shape Florida Politics and Policy? 2017
• Florida Internet & Television: The Messengers, 2017
• FPRA Capital Chapter: Political Communications – The New Norm (Moderator), 2017
• Capital City Tiger Bay: Florida Capitol Press Corps Panel Discussion (Moderator), 2015, 2016, 2017
• We Will Tampa Bay: Women Empowering Women in Legislation & Leadership, 2015
• FAPL: Keeping Your Clients Informed and Engaged … and Renewing Your Contract, 2014
• FAPL: Does Your Issue Need Grassroots or Grasstops, Air War or Ground Cover? 2013